How can I get help?

If you are (or have been) the victim of abuse, or you suspect that someone is being abused, then it is important that you report it immediately.  You can:

Social services will treat every reported incident of alleged abuse as urgent. If however you feel it is an emergency, you should contact the police by calling 999. In most instances the information you give will be treated as confidential, but information will be shared with other professionals where necessary.