Get care and support

How to get care and support

To find out if you are eligible for care and support, the first step is contact the adult's social care contact centre.

They will ask you questions about your specific needs, such as:

  • Do you have needs because of a physical or mental impairment or illness?
  • Do you need shorter or longer term support?
  • Are you able to complete everyday chores or tasks?
  • Do your care and support needs impact your wellbeing?
  • If you are applying for carer's support, you will be asked questions about how you can be supported in your caring role.

My social care support is our guide to care and support services, including eligibility, financial assessments and support to carers. You can view this online with our interactive version or download a PDF in English, Urdu, Somali, Punjabi or Polish.

How to contact the social care contact centre

Tel: (020) 8825 8000

If you are eligible: We will explain the next steps to getting care and support. This includes discussing the assessment process, any costs you will have to pay, and setting a budget for services.

You may be referred to a social worker for an assessment. Before a face-to-face visit, you may be offered an adult's supported self assessment form. This can help organise the information we will need for your assessment as well as your thoughts about the types of support you need. You can fill the form in by hand or electronically and return it to your named social worker. They will then discuss and validate the information you give us to formally assess your eligibility for support.

If you are not eligible: We will put you in touch with organisations who can help you. 

Help for carers

If you are a carer, you may be eligible to receive support focussed on your wellbeing in your role as care giver. Find out more on our carer's pages, including information about carer's benefits and the types of support available.  

Community advice and benefits information

Visit our community advice pages to find out more about Ealing council's welfare, housing and financial help and advice programmes.

Information about grants, financial assistance and funding for repairs and adaptations to private and council housing can be found on our housing improvements and repairs pages.

Ealing Specialist Advice Service
Offers free, confidential advice adults with additional needs in Ealing. They have locations throughout Ealing and you can get help in person or over the phone. Contact them on (020) 8579 8429 or email: