On 6 May 2021, people from across London will be given the chance to vote for the Mayor of London, the 25 members of the London Assembly and a London Assembly member for the Ealing and Hillingdon constituency.
The people you vote for in this election are responsible for many aspects of your everyday life – from the underground, local bus services, and policing, to green spaces, air quality and Trafalgar Square.
To find out more about voting for the London Mayor and Assembly, visit London Elects.
To vote in this election you must:
- Be registered to vote. (Registration has now closed for these elections. If you have recently moved home, you may still be registered at your old address – contact your previous local authority to find out.)
- Be 18 or over on the day of the elections (polling day)
- Be a British, Irish, EU or Commonwealth citizen.
Register to vote
If you are not registered to vote, please register online: www.gov.uk/register-to-vote. It takes around five minutes to register and you will need your date of birth and national insurance number.
Voting by post or proxy
If you are unable to vote in person at your local polling station on election day you can apply for a proxy vote.
The deadline to apply for a postal vote, or to amend/cancel an existing postal or proxy vote, was 5pm on Tuesday, 20 April 2021. The deadline date for postal vote applications and changes to existing postal and proxy votes has now passed. It is still possible to apply for a new proxy vote instead but we must receive a completed valid application by 5pm on Tuesday, 27 April 2021.
If you already have a postal vote in place you cannot now cancel this or change it to a proxy vote.
The deadline to apply for a new proxy vote, where a voter nominates a registered eligible person to cast a vote on their behalf, is 5pm on Tuesday, 27 April 2021.
Where do I vote?
Details of your polling station, including a map, will be on your polling card.
Alternatively, you can use the polling station finder to find your polling station.
To check if you are registered to vote you can contact Electoral Services on 020 8825 7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice of election - Mayor of London and London Members of the London Assembly 6 May 2021
- Statement of persons nominated - Mayor of London 6 May 2021
- Statement of persons nominated - London Members of the London Assembly 6 May 2021
- Notice of poll - Mayor of London 6 May 2021
- Notice of poll - London Members of the London Assembly 6 May 2021
- Notice of election - Ealing and Hillingdon GLA constituency member 6 May 2021
- Statement of persons nominated - Ealing and Hillingdon GLA constituency member 6 May 2021
- Notice of poll - Ealing and Hillingdon GLA constituency member 6 May 2021
Statutory notices and the list of candidates for London Mayor and the London Member Assembly seats can be found on the London Elects website.