Family Information Service (FIS)
- has a dedicated officer that supports families with children or young people with additional needs and disabilities.
Offering information, advice and assistance to parent carers of children who have impairments or medical conditions from ages 0-19 years (up to 25 years if they have a learning disability).
- can give more information on the processes that may effect a family during any time of their child's age or diagnosis.
Giving information on events and leisure activities, training opportunities, support groups and finance, as well as offering a brokerage service for families to access childcare.
Please give the Family Information Service a call or email to find out how they can help you:
- Tel: 020 8825 5588
- Email: children@@ealing.gov.uk
The log cabin
An adventure playground for children aged four-fifteen with special needs who live in the borough of Ealing. Services provided include holiday playschemes, after-school clubs and school sessions. Transport can be provided to and from the Log Cabin.
- Address: The Log Cabin, 259 Northfield Avenue, Ealing, London W5 4UA
- Tel: (020) 8840 3400
- Fax: (020) 8840 6780
- Email: email@example.com
Contact a family Ealing and Southall
Help for parents/carers of children up to 19 years of age with disabilities or special needs. Assistance with grant and benefit applications and advice on specific issues such as housing, welfare rights etc. They also hold 'parent link' sessions for parents on a wide range of topics and offer an opportunity to talk to other parents.
- Main office: Contact a Family, St George's Community Centre, 8-12 Lancaster Road, Southall, Middlesex UB1 1WW
- Ealing Office: Contact a Family, Lido Centre, 63 Mattock Lane, West Ealing W13 9LA
- Tel:(020) 8280 2267
ContinYou Ealing Parent Partnership
Provides free advice, information and support to Ealing's parents of children with special educational needs (SEN)
- Address: ContinYou, Lido Centre, 63 Mattock Lane, Ealing, London W13 9LA
- Tel: (020) 8280 2251
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PESTS (Parents of Ealing Self-help Training Scheme)
A term time support group for families with children aged 0–5 years with disabilities and special needs. Sessions are run for parents and children every Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am-12:30pm. A toy library is available fortnightly and occasional parents-only evening. Various social activities and occasional outings during holiday times. Transport available for those who need it.
- Address: PESTS, Heller House Annex, 124 Norwood Road, Southall UB2 4DX
- Tel: Sue Meacham(020) 8571 9954
This website contains information on all the services available in the borough of Ealing and surrounding areas for children with disabilities including benefits and funding, education, health, transport and voluntary services.
- Website: http://www.ealinghelp.org.uk/
Ealing Family Link Scheme and Sitting Service
This scheme provides short breaks for families, by linking children with a disability or special need, aged up to 18, to another family or individual, who provides care in their home. Children go to their link carer's home for a few hours, overnight, a weekend or longer, depending on their situation.
This service provides evening or daytime breaks for families of children with disabilities or special needs up to the age of 18. A sitter sits with the child and their siblings, in the child's home, for up to eight hours per month.
To apply telephone Ealing social services on (020) 8825 5797. For more information visit EalingHELP.
Ealing Parent's and Carers' Forum
Parents who gather views and consult with the local authority to improve services services for children who have impairments, medical conditions or additional needs.
- Email: email@example.com