If you employ an apprentice you can apply for an incentive payment for hiring an apprentice until 31 March 2021. Any organisation can apply for the payment, no matter the size or the sector. You can receive:
- £2,000 for each new apprentice you hire aged under 25
- £1,500 for each new apprentice you hire aged 25 and over.
You’ll get the payment in two equal instalments:
- 50% after the apprentice completes 90 days of their apprenticeship
- the remaining 50% after 365 days.
The payment is in addition to the existing £1,000 you’ll already get for recruiting an apprentice who is:
- aged 16 to 18 years old
- under 25 and has an education, health and care plan or has been in the care of their local authority.
Read more about this programme on the government's website.