Changes introduced under the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 require us to prepare a new development plan for the borough. This is called the Local Plan (previously known as the Local Development Framework (LDF)). On 10 December 2013 the Local Plan superseded any saved policies in the Unitary Development Plan (UDP) that was adopted in on 12 October 2004.
What is the Local Plan?
The Local Plan is an emerging collection of documents that sets out how the borough will develop up to 2026. It must be in conformity with the London Plan that is produced by Mayor of London. See our brief guide to the Local Plan.
What is the current Local Plan?
The existing development plan for Ealing currently comprises the following documents (together with an associated Adopted Policies Map):
- London Plan
- Development (or Core Strategy) DPD, April 2012
- Development Sites DPD, December 2013
- Development Management DPD, December 2013
- Joint West London Waste Plan, July 2015
- Planning for Schools DPD, May 2016