This consultation will be live until 7 May 2017.
We are seeking your views on the draft Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP). Ealing Council is committed to reducing the exposure of people in Ealing to poor air quality and is responsible for implementing air quality standards and objectives that help achieve that aim. The draft AQAP has been produced in order to help achieve that aim as well as being part of our duty to manage local air quality, in accordance with the guidance issued by the Mayor under London Local Air Quality Management policy.
The draft AQAP outlines the actions we will take to improve air quality in Ealing borough between 2017 and 2022. The draft was prepared by Air Quality consultants in consultation with the pollution technical team and other key stakeholders and will replace the previous plan which was published in 2003. The action plan has been structured to address:
- The current air quality situation
- The purpose of the plan and the service priorities within Ealing
- Local and national policies that will influence what actions are taken
- What projects have been carried out and what groups have been consulted to inform the action plan so far
- What actions will be taken by Ealing Council between 2017 and 2022 to improve air quality standards within the borough as well as costs for implementing those actions.
This consultation will be live until 7 May 2017
What happens next?
We will evaluate the survey responses, comments and recommendations. We will then either amend the report and/or revise actions prior to publishing the final document. The final action plan will be available on the council website.
For further information, please contact:
020 8825 7226