Save our hospitals campaign
Accident and emergency services at Ealing, Central Middlesex, Hammersmith and Charing Cross hospitals are set to close.
- Ealing and two other boroughs will not have a major hospital
- Four out of the nine accident and emergency units in the region are set to close
- Many people will have to travel further for emergency treatment
- Other services at these hospitals will also be cut
- 100s of hospital beds will be lost
- The NHS wants to sell hospital land for housing
Ealing Council has referred this decision to the Secretary of State for Health who has promised to order a review.
30,000 people sign petition
Around 30,000 people signed our petition to show their opposition to the proposals. The signatures were submitted to the NHS as part of the formal consultation process.
Help spread the word
Please get involved in our campaign by:
- Supporting the campaign on Facebook at HelpSOH
- Following us on Twitter and re-tweeting updates about the campaign #SOHealing
- Downloading a pre-prepared letter (word) that you can print and send to the NHS medical director responsible for the proposals (no stamp required)
- Downloading a pre-prepared letter (word) to send to your own GP, you can also lobby your GP online
- Printing and displaying an A3 poster (pdf) or an A4 poster (pdf)
- Displaying a map (pdf) of the hospitals affected by the proposed closures.
- Staying informed about the campaign by registering for email updates (tick the option for updates on health and social care)
- Telling as many people as possible about what’s proposed and how they can join the campaign
See http://www.saveourhospitals.org.uk/ to find out more about the campaign.