Consultation on Planning for Schools DPD
The Planning for Schools DPD was published on 25 October 2013 and aims to identify possible sites for new or extensions to existing primary and secondary schools in the borough. This version of the plan sets out a number of issues and options and is published together with a number of supporting and background documents. When adopted in 2015 it will form part of the council’s suite of documents known as the “Local Plan”. Formal written representations on the plan are now invited and must be received no later than 5pm on Monday 9 December 2013.
The Planning for Schools DPD comprises:
- Planning for Schools Development Plan Document - Issues and Options (Oct 2013)
- Appendix 2 - Issues and Options Consultation form
- Appendix 3 – “Call for Sites” form
See also the following supporting and background documents:
- Sample Consultation Letter and Public Notice (LBE, Oct 2013)
- Demography, Projections and School Place Planning Methodology (LBE, Sept 2013).
- LBE Planning for Schools DPD Issues and Options. Sustainability Appraisal incorporating Strategic Environmental assessment (October 2013)
- LBE Planning for Schools DPD Issues and Options. Sustainability Appraisal incorporating Strategic Environmental assessment - Non-technical summary
- EC Harris Primary School Site Search (2010)
- Planning For Schools DPD Evidence Note – Municipal Projects (Oct 2013)
- London Borough of Ealing Secondary School Site Search – GVA (June 2013)
Other useful links include:
- LBE Cabinet report: Update on School Places: Primary, Secondary and Early Year Education (18 June 2013) (See Item 08)
- LBE Development Strategy (See EB1)
- LBE Infrastructure Delivery Plan (Sept 2010) (See EB29)
- LBE Infrastructure Delivery Schedule (July 2011) (See EB30)
View information on previous rounds of Local Plan consultations
How can I contribute to Ealing’s Local Plans (formally known as LDF)?
Join our mailing list by contacting us and we will notify you of opportunities to contribute to the development of Ealing's Local Plans. You will also receive our regular 2026 e-bulletin that will keep you updated on progress of the Local Plans.
Alternatively, you can join the Planning and The Community Working Group run in collaboration with the Ealing Community Network. It meets approximately every six to seven weeks to provide information, advice and assistance on planning related matters. To join please contact us or email the Ealing Community Network at: Albie@ealingcvs.org.uk