The Community Strategy sets out the goals and objectives we will work together to achieve in the next 10 years. It aims to address inequalities and improve the quality of life for everyone who lives and works in the borough.
The Community Strategy has been refreshed since its first publication in June 2006 to take account of progress that has been made and the challenges that lie ahead.
The vision for Ealing
Ealing will be a borough of opportunity, where people enjoy living in clean, green and cohesive neighbourhoods, as part of a community where they are able to be safe, healthy and prosperous.
Themes and values
In order to achieve its vision, the LSP is focussing on four key themes:
Health: Improve public health and support those with specific needs to achieve well-being and independence.
Safety: Work with communities to ensure that everyone is safe and has the support they need.
Prosperity: Secure Ealing as a place where people are able, and want, to live and work.
High quality of life: Make Ealing a place where people enjoy a high quality of life.
Alongside our priorities and objectives, we have also agreed three values that will underpin everything that we do as a partnership:
Equality and fairness: Reducing inequalities in access to services and opportunities and reducing discrimination and harassment.
- Engaging and enabling: Making sure everyone feels involved in their community and is empowered to help develop solutions to issues they face, and has the opportunity to be involved in decisions about the services they receive wherever possible
- Value for money: Making the best use of money to provide the high quality public services that local people deserve.
Links with other major strategies and plans
The Community Strategy provides an overarching framework under which all other plans and strategies for the borough. Other major strategies include:
Ealing Council’s Corporate Plan
Ealing PCT’s Commissioning Strategy
Local Development Framework
Ealing Children and Young People's Plan
Climate Change Strategy
Integration and Community Cohesion Strategy
Youth Justice Plan
We will review our community strategy regularly to make sure that it continues to reflect local people's view of the future.
Pages in Local Strategic Partnership
- Local Strategic Partnership
- About us
- Our partners
- Executive Board
- Prosperity Partnerships
- Children and Young People's Board meetings
- Health and Well-Being Board
- Health and Wellbeing Board meetings
- Safer Ealing Partnership
- Safer Ealing Partnership meetings
- You are here: Community Strategy
- Jargon buster