What will the council do when it receives my petition?
If your petition is to a council department they will acknowledge it within four working days of receipt.
If your petition has been handed in at a Council meeting, either by you or a councillor on your behalf it will be acknowledged within four working days of being handed in.
The response to e-petitions will be published on the petitions website.
The petitions officer can also provide you with advice about how to petition the council or the progress of your petition, at the above address or by telephone on (020) 8825 7497
Pages in Petition scheme
- Guidelines for submitting a petition
- What different types of petitions are there?
- Sending your petition in response to a consultation
- Petitions for debate
- Simple petitions
- Petitions holding a cabinet portfolio holder to account
- You are here: What will the council do when it receives my petition?
- What you can do if you feel your petition has not been dealt with properly