Permitted development

Granting or refusing certificates

The council will only grant a certificate if satisfied that the application meets one of the points described above.

The council must inform you why it has made its decision. If you disagree you can challenge by appealing to the Secretary of State for the Environment. Information about the appeal process is given to you when you receive your decision notice.

Pages in Permitted development

  1. Development certificate
  2. Proposed use or development
  3. Existing use or development
  4. You are here: Granting or refusing certificates