Does your empty property need repairing before you can make it available to rent? If so, you may qualify for an empty property grant.
We offer the following grants:
- 100% of the cost of the works up to £30,000 at affordable rent, if empty six months or more
- 100% of cost of works up to £25,000, if empty six months or more
- 100% of cost of works up to £5000, if empty less than six month
All grants are awarded on a discretionary basis and are subject to availability.
Grants are given to improve dwellings, houses in multiple occupation or conversion of larger houses into flats.
- disrepair or structural issues
- damp and mould growth
- electrical rewiring
- thermal upgrading such as windows
- boiler work and insulation
- improvement to kitchens or bathrooms
To qualify for a grant you must own the freehold or leasehold, or have power of attorney to act on behalf of the owner.
What are the conditions?
- When the works are complete the property must be let to the council for five years
- The property must conform to all planning and building control regulations
- Registered builders must carry out the works
- Works cannot start before the grant is approved
- Works must complete within 12 months of grant approval
Who will manage my property?
A housing association will manage the property or you may manage the property yourself by becoming an accredited landlord. Call 020 7974 1970 or see www.londonlandlords.org.uk for more details.
How do I apply for a grant?
For more information please contact the Empty Property Team, email EmptyPropertiesTeam@ealing.gov.uk or call (020) 8825 6229 / 9482.