Contact us: Pollution

General enquiries

Customer Service Centre, Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, London W5 2HL Postal address: Response team, Regulatory Services, Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, London W5 2HL


Air pollution

Dirty diesels
Report a smoky vehicle to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency on the GOV.UK website or phone 0300 123 9000.

Ealing residents can take their own household asbestos cement (bonded asbestos) by appointment to Brent Reuse and Recycling Centre, Abbey Road, London NW10 7TJ.  There is a charge for this service. 

The City of London provides a free service for the collection of limited amounts of household asbestos in the London area. The asbestos must be wrapped in heavy gauge polythene in quantities that can be lifted by one person. For further details on the service, or to arrange a collection, telephone (020) 7332 3433.

Mobile phone mast health effects
See Public Health England for advice or phone 020 7654 8000

Radio and TV interference
The BBC’s Radio and Television Investigation Service helps viewers and listeners investigate and, where possible, resolve interference problems affecting their television and radio reception. For help, visit their website or phone 03709 016 789.

Noise nuisance

How to make a complaint
The duty officer is available Mon-Fri between 9am and 5pm, to discuss enquiries, offer advice and log new complaints. Contact the duty officer on 0208 825 8111.

If the nuisance is occurring and you would like an officer to attend the area, the noise and nuisance team offer a response service. Officers aim to respond within one hour of a report of nuisance being reported to the response service.

The service is available at the following times:

  • Monday to Thursday: 9am to 2am
  • Friday: 9am to 5am
  • Saturday: 12 noon to 5am
  • Sunday: 2pm to 11pm

To request a response visit, please telephone 0208 825 8111.

Officers will contact you to confirm that the disturbance is still occurring and that a visit is required. The attending officer(s) will require access to your property, to assess how the disturbance is affecting you inside your home and whether the incident amounts to a nuisance. Without access to your property, officers will have limited powers when investigating your complaint.

Aircraft noise
Complaints about aircraft noise resulting from operations at particular airports should be directed to the airport operator concerned. See the Civil Aviation Authority website for more information or telephone (020) 7453 6524 or 6525.

BAA operates a noise information line on 0800 344844 and, if the complaint is specific enough, the BAA representative should be able to advise whether the aircraft exceeded the government noise limit and whether it was along the permitted route.

The local community action group Ealing Aircraft Noise Action Group (EANAG) can be contacted on:
Tel: (020) 8567 2658
Address: 35 Southdown Avenue, Hanwell, London W7 2AG

Furthermore, a London-wide aircraft noise pressure group HACAN ClearSkies can be contacted on
Tel: (020) 8876 0455 
Address: HACAN ClearSkies, PO Box 339, Twickenham TW1 2XF

To contact the council's environmental quality team, call (020) 8825 6633.

Road vibration issues
To make a complaint about a road which Transport for London (TfL) is responsible for, please phone 0343 222 1234 or report it on-line. For all other roads in the borough, use our Report It Online service or phone (020) 8825 6000.

Noise investigation support group
Advice and support is also available from an independent charitable association:
Ealing Mediation Service, Greenford Community Centre, 170 Oldfield Lane South, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 9JS
Tel: (020) 8575 9500

Water pollution

Drinking water
Information on your water bill will tell you which company supplies your drinking water.

  • Affinity Water, tel: 0345 357 2407
  • Thames Water, tel: 0800 316 9800

The Environment Agency is a public body for the protection and improvement of the environment in England and Wales.

  • Environment incident hotline: 0800 807060
  • General enquiries: 03708 506 506
  • Floodline: 0345 988 1188