Safeguarding adults at risk

How to get help

If you are (or have been) the victim of abuse, or you suspect that someone is being abused, then it is important that you report it immediately.  You can:

  • tell a professional that you trust, or
  • contact the social care customer contact centre (020) 8825 8000, email
  • Alternatively contact the Emergency duty team (020) 8825 5000

Social services will treat every reported incident of alleged abuse as urgent. If however you feel it is an emergency, you should contact the police by calling 999. In most instances the information you give will be treated as confidential, but information will be shared with other professionals where necessary.

Pages in Safeguarding adults at risk

  1. Safeguarding adults at risk
  2. What is abuse?
  3. Circumstances where abuse may occur
  4. You are here: How to get help
  5. Further information