Ealing Advice Service
A community legal advice service for Ealing residents, provided by Ealing Advice Service (EAS). If you require advice you can contact EAS by:
- Telephone: 03000 12 54 64 (Mon–Fri from 10am–5pm (Wednesday until 7pm)
- Email: email@example.com (we have limited capacity to provide in depth advice via email)
- In writing: Ealing Advice Service, c/o Lido Centre, 63 Mattock Lane, London, W13 9LA
Depending on your circumstances and needs, EAS will:
- provide information and advice over the telephone or direct you to other appropriate sources for advice including websites
- if required, make an appointment for you to see an advisor at one of their advice surgeries
- at the appointment, if needed (e.g. you are not able to act on the advice given), undertake casework in some advice areas on your behalf
Advice surgeries (by appointment only) will be held at:
- Mondays: 12.30pm–5pm at the Community Shop, Havelock Estate, 39, Hunt Road, Southall UB2 4PA.
- Tuesdays: 10am–2pm at the Oak Tree Community Centre, South Acton Estate, Osborne Road, W3 8SJ.
- Wednesdays: 10am–2pm at EASE, 187 Copley Close, Hanwell W7 1AZ
- Thursdays: 10am–2pm at Grand Union Village Community Development Trust, Weaver House, 6 Higham Mews, Northolt UB5 6FP
Under an interim contract for Ealing Council EAS will provide information and advice and casework in the following legal advice areas:
- Community care*
- Consumer protection*
- Mental health*
- Welfare benefits
*Casework not provided
The EAS website provides a range of information, advice and self-help tools for Ealing residents.