Family learning courses are aimed at adults who would like to improve their own language and maths skills, but who would also like to be able to help and encourage their children to learn. The courses also intend to:
- help parents understand what and how their children learn at school and how they can support and build on this at home
- provide interesting and fun opportunities for children and their parents to work together
Feedback from families who have attended previous courses shows:
- adults felt they improved their skills and confidence, encouraging them to study further
- adults felt more confident to help in their child's education
- children's development and progress improved from those parents involved
Programmes take place in schools, libraries and community organisations across the borough and are usually either adult only or joint adult/child sessions.
To find out more please contact Una Crotty-Joyce, tel: (020) 8825 6609 or email: email@example.com.