Proof of date of birth
Documentary evidence of proof of date of birth needs to be provided with your application e.g. medical card.
Proof of address
You are not required to attach proof of address with your application. Your address will be verified using internal council databases. In cases where your address cannot be verified you will be asked to provide the following:
- your current year’s council tax bill
- if you do not pay council tax then the following may be accepted:
- Letter confirming entitlement to benefits e.g. child benefit, child tax credit, housing benefit, income support or Jobseekers allowance for the current year or any new benefits which may be introduced or replace any of these
- tenancy agreement from a registered private letting agency with two copies of recent bills e.g. bank/mobile/phone statement, utility bill (gas/water/electricity) or wage slip.
- car insurance
- letter from social services, National Asylum Support Service (NASS), United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA) or housing department confirming placement at your address
If you are living with friends or relatives, you will need to provide a copy of their council tax bill, a letter from the council tax payer confirming that you are residing with them for the foreseeable future and two of the documents referred to above.
If you and/or your child are living abroad but intend to move back to this country you must provide the home address in the country you are currently residing. When you can prove that you are living in Ealing the last date that your address can be changed before for the first round of offers (2 March 2015) is 10 December 2014. If you move into the country after that date your address can only be changed after the offer date.
In all cases you must be living in the borough of Ealing before the new address can be used.