Applying for a primary school place
Main round primary school admissions:
Applying for a main round primary school place
Children born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 are due to start the first year of primary school (reception class) in September 2015.
Applications must be made directly to the local authority that you are living in at the time of application, regardless of the borough which the school is in. The deadline for applying for primary school is 15 January 2015.
Before you apply please download the primary school prospectus and our step by step guide to making your online application. These contain important information on the admissions process and give details of the primary schools in Ealing.
To apply online please go to eadmissions website
A paper application form can be obtained from your child’s nursery if it is part of an Ealing maintained primary school or from the schools admissions team.
Deciding on your preferences
It is very important that you look at each school’s admissions arrangements in relation to your circumstances so that you are aware of the order in which places are allocated at oversubscribed schools. You should look at how places were allocated last year to see if you have a realistic chance of being offered a place in your preference school(s). We strongly advise that you name your priority area school as one of your preferences.
If you are applying for one of the following faith schools in Ealing you will need to complete their supplementary information form in addition to your primary school application. This must be returned directly to the school before the closing date 15 January 2015.
- Christ The Saviour CE Primary School
- Khalsa Primary School
- Holy Family Catholic Primary School
- Mount Carmel Catholic Primary School
- Our Lady Of the Visitation Primary School
- St Anselm’s Catholic Primary School
- St Gregory’s Catholic Primary School
- St John Fisher Catholic Primary School
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
- St Mary’s CE Primary School (Foundation place)
- St Raphael’s Catholic Primary School
- St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School
- The Edward Betham CE Primary School
Oversubscription criteria and admissions policies for all primary, infant and junior schools in Ealing.
What to provide with your application and guidance on acceptable proof of address.
The updated policy on deferred and delayed entry outside of the normal age group to primary school, which is applicable for this year’s admissions 2015/16 and beyond.
National offer day
National offer day for primary school is 16 April 2015:
- If you apply online you will receive an email in the evening on the 16 April confirming the outcome of your application.
- If you apply on paper you will be posted a letter by first class post on the 16 April confirming the outcome of your application, this should arrive within two working days.
Information on what to do if you move address after completing your application.
Ealing Council takes very seriously any attempt to obtain a school place by deception. If we find that a school place was obtained using a false or misleading address we will give serious consideration to withdrawing the offer, even after the child has started school.