Politically restricted jobs
Elected members of a local authority cannot also be employees of that same authority.
The Local Government & Housing Act, 1989 extended this restriction further to prevent senior local government employees, and other employees who regularly deal with the press or media, from participating in any public political activity.
If the job you are interested in carries this restriction, it will be stated in the post information pack and/or person specification.
Pages in Application advice
- Application advice
- Applying for the job
- Candidates with disabilities
- The selection criteria
- Declaration and signature
- Acknowledgement of application
- Enhanced vetting process
- Medical assessment
- Evidence of permission to work in the UK
- Criminal record checks
- Relationship to councillor or employee
- Data protection
- Declaration of interest
- You are here: Politically restricted jobs