Reporting an abandoned vehicle
If a vehicle has been abandoned on public land report it online.
You will need to provide the following information:
- vehicle registration number
- exact location of vehicle
- make, model and colour of vehicle
- general condition of vehicle
- length of time it has been at the location
A council officer will inspect the vehicle and if the criteria for abandonment is met and it has been abandoned they will arrange for its removal. In some cases it may be necessary for them to make further enquiries which could mean a delay in arranging for the vehicle's removal.
Pages in Abandoned vehicles
- What is an abandoned vehicle?
- You are here: Reporting an abandoned vehicle
- Request the removal of your vehicle
- Request the removal of an abandoned vehicle on private property
- Stopping the removal of a vehicle
- Untaxed vehicles