Frequently Asked Questions

I live in Ealing but my baby was born in another district what should I do?

You must register the birth of your baby within 42 days of the birth in England and Wales. If it is difficult for you to get to the local register office, then you can go to any register office in England and Wales and register by declaration. The registrar will send your details to the appropriate district office covering the location of the birth. Your child will still be registered in the district the birth took place and any certificates you require will be issued from that district. In order to ghet an appointment to register by declaration, please contact the office you wish to have the appointment with and they will help to make the necessary arrangements.