Frequently Asked Questions

Can I register a birth when a child is older?

If a birth has not been registered within 12 months, corrections and re-registration section at the General Registry Office in Southport will need to authorise a late registration. Your local register office can carry out all the necessary liaison but you will first need to provide them with documentation confirming the child's exact date and place of birth, along with the completed relevant form (C45) which the registrar will obtain for you.